Hands-on Steps Guiding You to Update to iOS 6Posted on September 20th, 2012 12,144 views | No comments
Apple is starting to roll out iOS 6 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The new version of the OS brings lots of new features — including Apple’s brand new Maps app, deep integration with Facebook and enhancements to Siri.
Some Preparation Work
Before downloading and installing the update, there are a few housekeeping items you might want to take care of first.
● Download the latest version of iTunes 10.7 — This will add iOS 6 compatibility to your software
● Back up your photos and important files. Even if you use iCloud, consider doing a full backup in iTunes, just in case.
● If you don’t already have a copy of your contacts and calendars on your Mac or PC, go ahead and back those up too.
● Find your power. Apple won’t let you update your device if you don’t have a minimum amount of power. The updates are fairly large, at over 500MB per device — so go ahead and plug into some power before starting the update.
iOS 6 Supported Devices
Here’s a list of the supported devices: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, the new iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 4. Of course, iOS 6 runs on the new iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) but those devices come with it pre-installed and therefore do not require an upgrade. If you have any of the devices listed above, you can update them to the latest iOS 6.
How to Update to iOS 6
There are two ways to update your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to iOS 6: over the air (meaning over a local Wi-Fi network) or from your computer with iTunes. We will get over both of the methods to guide you to update your devices easily.
1. Update to iOS 6 over the air
Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to power. You don’t want the update to stop part-way through because you ran out of battery.
● Backup your device!
● Open the Settings app.
● Tap the General tab.
● Tap the Software Update tab.
● Wait for your device to check for updates. When it finds an available update, install it.
● Wait for the update to download and install. Don’t do anything with your phone while it does.
2. Update to iOS 6 with iTunesGoogle+
● Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC and open iTunes (if it doesn’t open automatically).
● Backup your device!
● iTunes may tell you that an update (iOS 6) is available for your device. If it does, confirm that you want to install it. If not, click on your device in the iTunes sidebar and tap the Check for Updates button. When an update is found, confirm that you want to install it.
● Wait for the update to download and, when finished, confirm you want to install it. Wait for the update to install.
- iOS 4.3.3 Update Released by Apple to Fix Apple iPhone iPad Location Tracking
- Apple revealed Apple iCloud and Apple iOS 5 on Worldwide Developers Conference
- Download Free iPhone Themes, iPod Touch 4 Themes Free Download, Free iPhone Themes, Free iPod Themes Download
- Leawo iMediaGo V18.104.22.168 Freshly Released for File Transfer Among iOS Devices
- Google updated Google+ iPhone app for iPad and iPod touch & iOS 5 devices
Leave a reply