RealPlayer is a cross-platform media player by RealNetworks that plays a number of multimedia formats including MP3, MPEG-4, QuickTime, Windows Media, and multiple versions of proprietary RealAudio and RealVideo formats.
RealPlayer Supported Media Formats:
|File Extension||File Type|
|RM, RA, RAM||RealAudio/RealVideo streamed content|
|RT||RealText streamed text formats|
|RP||RealPix streamed PNG, GIF and JPG images|
|PNG, GIF, JPG||Stand alone PNG, JPG and GIF images (and animated GIFs)|
|MP3||MPEG Layer 3 (audio format)|
|SWF||RealSystem G2 with Flash (Flash version 3 & 4)|
|SMIL, SMI||SMIL files|
|WAV, AIFF||“Legacy” sound files; older but prevalent file types. (Not fully supported.)|
|MPG, MPEG||Standard MPEG Layer 1 video and Layer 2 audio formats|
|AVI||Audio/Video Interleave-Microsoft video format|
|ASF||NetShow files (newer NetShow files may not play correctly)|
|MID, MIDI, RMI||“MIDI” sound files|
RealPlayer additional features:
● Media Browser: allows web browsing while playing media
● Playlist editor: supports “drag and drop” and playlist randomize
● Theater Mode: play on monitor 1 of a multi-monitor windows PC. Paid version offers a skinnable Toolbar Mode which uses less desktop space
● Visualizations: graphical animations or “light shows”
● Continuous Play (Loop multiple songs) and Shuffle Play (Play tracks randomly
● Stay on top while playing option
● Favorites menu: save and recall media locations for files or streams
● Equalizer and Video controls. Crossfade and Gapless playback are included in RealPlayer Plus
● Media library: allows organization of media through track tagging and editing
● Recording audio: records audio via a sound card
● LivePause pauses streaming video clips without having to stop the buffering
● Version 10.5 included Harmony technology, making the Music Store compatible with iPod and Windows Media DRM-compatible players
● Burn CDs: The current burning technology is powered by NPI; formerly it was powered by Adaptec (Roxio). The free version can burn audio and data CDs; the premium version burns MP3 CDs
● CD ripping into AAC (in MP4) (32 kbit/s – 320 kbit/s) (default), Real Audio 10 (32 kbit/s – 320 kbit/s), MP3 (32 kbit/s – 320 kbit/s), Real Audio Lossless, WAV (1411 kbit/s), Windows Media Audio (Requires Windows Media Player 10 installed) (64 kbit/s – 192 kbit/s) formats
● RealPlayer Music Store allows users to locate, preview, and purchase songs, which cost $0.49 to $0.99.
● Video Download – version 11 for Windows and OS X allow users to download Flash Video files from sites such as YouTube. MP4 files can be downloaded
● Media Converter (RealPlayer SP) – allows converting to proper format and transferring video to iPod, cell phones, Xbox, PS3 and other devices
● Video Sharing (SP) – users can post videos to Facebook and Twitter directly from the software
Leawo Video Converter: Convert video to RealPlayer videos freely for you to watch and enjoy video on RealPlayer anytime anywhere as you like. This RealPlayer video converter could help you convert video between various popular formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, MPEG, RMVB, H.264, MP3, AAC, etc. to better your digital entertainment on different media players. With this video converter, you could also freely edit videos to make output videos more customized for more fun.
null: A powerful comprehensive solution for you to rip and convert both Blu-ray/DVD to video in various file formats for different media players.
How to Upload Real Media to YouTube?