Incorrect display on widescreen monitor (32:9)

General purpose for any issue about Leawo Video Converter Ultimate
mchurch
antispam: No
The middle number please: 6

Incorrect display on widescreen monitor (32:9)

Post by mchurch »

Background:
I recently bought a Samsung super ultra-wide 32:9 monitor. It runs at a native resolution of 3840x1080. I am running Win10 Home (64bit) Version 1809. VCU is updated to the latest version (8.1.0.0). The scaling in Win10 settings is set to 100%. I did not have this issue until I got the new monitor.

Issue:
When I run VCU, the bottom of the program extends past the bottom of the screen/task bar, as if the program is zoomed in. It looks the same either in windowed or full screen mode. Trying to drag the window smaller from the top edge does not work (of course I cannot get to the bottom edge). I can drag the window horizontally to make it larger (but not smaller) and trying to drag it vertically/diagonally causes the window to not drag at all but to only snap down about 4 inches (not getting smaller, just moving down and clicking it again just moves it back up to its original position).

What I have tried:
I just now tried to uninstall and reinstall. That did not fix it.
I believe I remember somehow forcing the program to display correctly by changing to various resolutions on my monitor... Actually, yes, that does fix it temporarily. Changing to 1920x1080 and running VCU cause the program to display correctly. I can then change back to 3840x1080 and have the program to stay as it should be. But it only lasts until I close the program.
leakeymore

Re: Incorrect display on widescreen monitor (32:9)

Post by leakeymore »

Hello,

Thank you posting on Leawo forum.

Now please kindly set resolution of the monitor to 1920x1080 and use, the programmers are trying to fix the bug, they may fix the bug at the version after 8.2.0.0 (8.2.0.0 is the new version which we will release soon), thank you for the understanding in advance.

Best regards,
mchurch
antispam: No
The middle number please: 6

Re: Incorrect display on widescreen monitor (32:9)

Post by mchurch »

I got a file sent from Coral of the support team. It is indeed fixed and displaying correctly in v8.2.0.

Thanks!