Adding subtitles doesn't work

General purpose for Leawo Blu-Ray Creator
lstappae
antispam: No
The middle number please: 6

Adding subtitles doesn't work

Post by lstappae »

I added subtitles in srt format to my blu-ray. However, no subtitles are shown neither in the preview window, neither in the burned blu-ray. What have happened? I checked it over and over again, the file is selected but no subtitles!
leakeymore

Re: Adding subtitles doesn't work

Post by leakeymore »

Hi,
Thanks for posting on Leawo forum.
1) What's your computer OS?
2) We recommend you to go "Mac Bluray Creator-Preferences-Convert-->subtitles default encoding" to set the encoding of the srt subtitles, then try again.
3) If the computer system is 10.8 now, we recommend you to wait for the upgrades since Mac Bluray Creator on 10.8 can't add subtitles now.
Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards,
kschonha

Post by kschonha »

Any word on when external subtitles will be supported under OSX 10.8.x ?
Any possibility of supporting subtitles embedded within MKV files ?
leakeymore

Post by leakeymore »

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for posting on Leawo forum.
1) We'll hand your advice to our R&D, they will try to optimize it in the near versions.
2) Are you able to play the MKV file with subtitles by other players?
Did you get subtitles when you play the source MKV file for preview in Leawo?
If you got subtitles on other players but not Leawo, please reinstall the Mac BD Creator from http://67.222.42.200/upload/Leawo/macbd ... _setup.dmg to try.
If still not working, send us a small source file so that we can check, you can upload to https://skydrive.live.com then inform us here, or you can send to leawo.support@hotmail.com via www.wetransfer.com.
Thanks & Regards,
kschonha

Post by kschonha »

Thank you for the prompt reply.

On my Macbook Pro Retina laptop, when I play MKV files in the VLC media player, any selected subtitles (external or embedded) play perfectly.

I do not see any visible subtitles when previewing within Leawo Blu-Ray Creator.

After converting to Blu-Ray format using Leawo Blu-Ray Creator with an external subtitle file selected, the resulting video appears with the screen full of subtitles from top to bottom.

Thank you.
leakeymore

Post by leakeymore »

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt response.
1) Please go "Mac Bluray Creator-Preferences-Convert-->subtitles default encoding" and set the encoding as "Eastern European(Windows-1250)", or you can try the others. Then check the preview.
2) Did you reinstall the program to try?
3) If still not working, please send us the problem screenshot of "the resulting video appears with the screen full of subtitles from top to bottom" to leawo.support@hotmail.com.
4) Please also send us a source MKV file so that we can test.
Best regards,
kschonha

Post by kschonha »

I appreciate your help in resolving my problem. Updating the software to the current version allowed me to successfully add the subtitles to the video.

The resulting subtitles are burned into the rendered video. I would like to suggest to the development team that it would be preferable if the subtitles could be switched on and off with the Blu-Ray player's remote control.

There have been a few occasions where Leawo Support has provided a URL linking to an available update that resolved a problem, yet the version number has remained set at v1.2.0. I have the software set to update daily, so I don't understand why Leawo Blu-Ray Creator software doesn't seem to update through the application's 'Help'...'Check for Updates' menu option.

Isn't there some way customers could be notified when a new software build is available -- especially if the automatic update is not pulling in the latest build and the version number is not changing? It may be helpful if there were a change log that catalogs software revisions and lists features and fixes have been applied in each software version.

Thank you again. Leawo Blu-Ray Creator has become a very reliable program and is rapidly evolving into an indispensable application.
leakeymore

Post by leakeymore »

Hi Kevin,
We are glad to hear that it works, we'll hand your advice to our R&D to switch on or off subtitles with the Blu-Ray player's remote control. Please kindly keep an eye on our software.
For the updates, we need to update both database and interface if we want to release one official new version, we only upgrade the database of versions that we sent. We'll do our best to make the products update quicker.
Have a great day!