Can't copy converted avi move to USB flash drive

Talk about bugs, how-to-use, questions, suggestions,and so on...
jjsink
antispam: No
The middle number please: 6

Can't copy converted avi move to USB flash drive

Post by jjsink »

Downloaded the free trial of BluRay Ripper/BluRay Copy on 8/26/12.
Successfully ripped my BluRay DVD of Iron Man to a folder on my Windows 7 notebook.
I am able to play the converted avi file on my computer.... it looks GREAT!
The entire movie converted as I am able to see the beginning, middle and closing credits of the movie... video and audio!
I tried to copy the main title (1st one converted) that is > 2 hours and about 8.6 Gigabytes to a new 36 Gigabyte flash drive.
I went to the output folder and right-clicked "copy",
then focused on the USB flash drive in my computer and indicated Paste -- to copy the 8.6 GB file to my USB drive
I get a Leawo program information message saying that there is insufficient space, so it won't let me copy the file.

I reformatted the new USB and tried to copy the file again but it gave me the same insufficient space message.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, trying to copy that title? I can copy it to another folder on my hard disc with no problem, it's only when I try to copy it to the inserted USB flash drive that it errors out.

Is there another way to copy?

Might this be a limitation of Windows 7?

Thanks for your help... I really need to see how the converted file will look with my Acer K130 LED projector before I purchase the software.
jjsink

Re: Can't copy converted avi move to USB flash drive

Post by jjsink »

I think I discovered what the problem may be and will verify after work this evening.
Apparently it's not a problem with the Leawo software, but my misunderstanding of windows file systems.

I read that if I format the 32 GB drive as a NTFS drive, instead of FAT32, I should be able to copy a file larger than 4GB to it.

Posted this here to save other users research.
jjsink

Re: Can't copy converted avi move to USB flash drive

Post by jjsink »

CONFIRMATION

Yes, reformatting my USB flash drive to NTFS was the solution to my problem.
I am now able to copy the 9+ GB avi file converted from a BluRay dvd to my USB stick.