Video Editor question

If you have tried our Video, DVD, or PPT converters, please give us some feedback, Thank you!
wpatters1229
antispam: No
The middle number please: 3

Video Editor question

Post by wpatters1229 »

I have downloaded the Video Editor to see if it can do at least as good of a job with i1080/60 video from my Panasonic 700 camera as Corel Video Studio Pro. Corels software keeps crashing and doing weird things.
From what I have tried just taking the defaults the m2ts files seem to be OK with the editor even though it takes awhile for each segment to load when doing edits.

My question is: Do you have tutorial on how to best edit and then render these big m2ts files. I had a taping and when I upload the video to my pc it chops it into 4,189,400 KB files. I had a 2 hour video that was taken non-stop and has been chopped into 4 of these files and one smaller one at 1.295.646 KB.

Is there a tutorial on how best to render these so the whole thing can fit on one DVD disc? I know that seems to be asking alot but DVD Shrink 3.2 is able to do it with Movie Disks.

Any help would be great.
wpatters1229
antispam: No
The middle number please: 3

Re: Video Editor question and more

Post by wpatters1229 »

I have been trying this trial version with a 2 hr hd video that is made up of 5 files 4 of which are about 4+meg each m2ts files (AVCHD) That is what happens when the video is pulled off the camera onto a Windows PC. I use the software that came with the Panasonic HD camera it is called HD Writer AE.

I loaded them all into the editor and started to cut out parts that I did not want. I got through almost two of these big files when it just started to crash. Sometimes it would go for a few edits and then just freeze up and crash. At least it remembered where I was and saved the file so I could try to continue on.

Why would this occur? Too much in memory for the program? I have a 4 processor intel chip with 8 gig of ram and a high end video card with dual monitors running Windows 7 Ultma. Am I asking too much for the editor to load all the files at once? Should I just edit them one at a time and then bring those edited files together in a final project? Should I convert the M2ts files to something else and then edit it? I did create a master file as an mpeg HD that is one file of about 6 meg.

My goal here is to keep the highest quality from this camera and then after editing do a compression so it can be burned onto a single DVD standard, Not Blue Ray as many people do not have them.

Again should I be converting these files directly off the camera onto my pc into another format before attempting to edit?

Hope this makes sense.

What are the optimal system requirements for this program? I want to buy it but not if it keeps crashing.