Update Version 7.1.0.6 & 7.1.0.7 Is Infected With Virus

General purpose for Leawo Blu-Ray Copy
AJ777
antispam: No
The middle number please: 6

Update Version 7.1.0.6 & 7.1.0.7 Is Infected With Virus

Post by AJ777 »

(continued from previous topic "Update Version 7.1.0.6 Is Infected With Virus")

I created a new topic since I have now found out that version 7.1.0.7 is also infested with a virus which is different from the virus that is installed with version 7.1.0.6. I have sent the images to support@leawo.com as you requested. Why can't we upload images to this forum?!?!?!?

Version 7.1.0.6 installs Virus name Gen: Variant Kazy 234912.

Version 7.1.0.7 installs Virus in the file is-MOLTJ.tmp.

The only version of Blu-Ray Copy that I can install that is virus free is 3.4.2.0. I tried the 2013 and the 2015 versions of Bitdefender Internet Security when installing your updates. They both identify the same viruses in your updates when I try to install them. This is my second paid year with you all. When am I going to be able to install a virus free update? This is really getting ridiculous. In the 30 years I have been using computers I have never had a legitimate developer attempt to install viruses in my computer in their applications.

The weblink to Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 is:
http://www.bitdefender.com/
leakeymore

Re: Update Version 7.1.0.6 & 7.1.0.7 Is Infected With Virus

Post by leakeymore »

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

For your situation, let me explain this to you. Since our program hasn't tested with Bitdefender, so they have a conflict. I have forwarded your case to our R&D department. We will solve this problem as soon as possible. Hope you can keep this program and wait for the new updates.

Best regards,
AJ777

Post by AJ777 »

Your R&D department just told me the version 7 update is safe too, and to go ahead and install it. That is an unacceptable answer! The two versions contain two different viruses. I have never had a legitimate developer try to install virus during updating of their applications. What is gong on there? Please clean up your act and your application. This is unacceptable! Still waiting for a virus free update.
leakeymore

Post by leakeymore »

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I can totally understand your feeling. Could you please give us some more days? Our programmer are still working on this issue. We will release a new version to solve this problem as soon as possible. Expect your trust and support.

Best regards,
AJ777

Post by AJ777 »

I just reduced protection on my Bitdefender antivirus and allowed version 7.1.0.7 to install. When I now try to run the updated version my antivirus quarantines the python.dll because it contains the virus Gen: Variant.Kazy.234912. How could you possibly be sending out updates to all of your customers and not know the updates are infected with virus? Are you that incompetent or are you intentionally trying to infect your customer's computers? Your last two updates have contained virus!!
leakeymore

Post by leakeymore »

Hi,

Sorry for the late response due to the weekends.

1) For your situation, I suggest you close the anti-virus software and firewall to have a try.

2) Sorry for all the trouble caused to you. Our programmer is clean and safe, since we haven't tested our program with Bitdefender so they may have conflict. Hope you can understand.

We will solve this problem as soon as possible.

Best regards,
AJ777

Post by AJ777 »

Thank you for your concern. Have you removed the virus from your updates yet? Do you not use antivirus on your computers? The virus that is attached to your updates seems to be very common. It seems that most if not all antivirus would identify and block the program from installing. I do not understand how this could have happened unless it was possibly intentional. Could you please explain how this could happen not once but in both the last updates you made available to your customers?
leakeymore

Post by leakeymore »

Hi,

I can totally understand your concern. However, our programmer are still working on this issue. And we will release a new version as soon as possible. Could you please wait for a few days? Expect your trust and support.

Best regards,
andrew34

Post by andrew34 »

Update version 7106 wouldn't install because my antivirus blocked it plus it didn't recognize ISO files. Version 7107 still was blocked by my antivirus but you added ISO recognition. Today I installed the new 7108 and finally it installed without any problems from my antivirus.
Last edited by andrew34 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrew34

Post by andrew34 »

You can burn ISO but it seem you can't drag and drop them onto the program.