1. How to rip Blu-ray movie from Blu-ray disc?
Please insert your Blu-ray disc into your Blu-ray drive, then launch Leawo Blu-ray Ripper, select output profile (e.g. HD MP4) and do a button-click to start ripping.
2. Can Leawo Blu-ray DVD Ripper rip common DVD discs?
Yes, Leawo Blu-ray DVD Ripper could rip Blu-ray discs and DVD discs to almost all popular video formats, which means it contains the function of Leawo DVD Ripper.
3. Can Leawo Blu-ray Ripper copy Blu-ray movie?
No, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper can copy DVD movie identically to hard disk, but not Blu-ray movie. To copy Blu-ray movie, please use Leawo Blu-ray Copy.
4. Can Leawo Blu-ray Ripper convert 2D Blu-ray/DVD to 3D movie?
Yes. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper owns the ability to convert 2D Blu-ray/DVD to 3D video for unlimited 3D movie enjoyment on your own 3D players.
5. Does Leawo Blu-Ripper support Dolby Digital soundtrack (5.1 / 6.1 or 7.1 Channels)?
No, Leawo Blu-ray software does not support Dolby Digital soundtrack at present, but you can get 2 channels audio rip using our software. We keep researching and developing, and will try to add this function in future version, please kindly keep an eye on Leawo software.
6. How does Leawo Blu-ray Ripper support Blu-ray disc?
With our advanced decryption method, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper can decrypt Blu-ray MKB V30 or previous. We will continuously upgrade our algorithm to support the latest Blu-ray disc.
7. When I register the Blu-ray software, I get the following message: “Network failure. Unable to verify the serial number. Registration canceled. Please check your Internet connection, or contact us via email@example.com.” But my Internet connection is fine, what’s wrong?
In this case, please check if you need to set up proxy server to access Internet.
If so, please click the “Try” button to enter Leawo Blu ray Ripper. Then go to “Options->Update settings->Proxy Settings”, check “Use Proxy” and make the proxy settings correctly. Then click “OK” and restart the program to register again.
If the problem still remains, please contact us at support#leawo.com (replace # with @).
8. When I tried to load Blu-ray disc, I got the error message “The selected directory is an invalid Blu-ray video disc directory, please choose another one.”, what should I do?
Please try to load again and try your other Blu-ray discs to see if the error still occurs.
If still occurs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details such as version No. of the software, Blu-ray disc name, type of your Blu-ray drive, etc. And screenshots of the main interface and the error message will be much helpful.
9. How can I set the output file name?
After loading your Blu-ray disc, please find the column named "Destination File" on file interface of the software. Click the default output name (eg. title_01.mp4) and then you can specify the output file name.
10. It takes too long to rip a Blu-ray disc, how to speed it up?
The ripping speed depends on many factors: the performance of your computer, the speed of Blu-ray drive, the output format and the quality parameters for output, etc. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper has optimized the process for multicore CPU, it is recommended you run this program on a dual-core or quad-core computer for faster progress.
11. What will happen if I mistakenly eject the disc during the process?
It will break off the ripping process, but won't delete the output file containing the already-done part of the Blu-ray movie. Similarly, you will have the same result when you stop the ripping process.
12. How can I reduce the size of Blu-ray movie as much as possible without much quality loss?
Leawo Blu-ray Ripper offers various profiles for HD format output: MKV, HD MP4, HD WMV, HD MPEG, HD MOV, HD VOB, HD TS, etc. If not specified, MKV and HD MP4 are the most recommended output for common cases.
13. What should I do when the program fails to rip Blu-ray movie?
There are several known reasons:
The program has not yet been able to decrypt your Blu-ray disc - contact us and we will try to come up with feasible upgrade as soon as possible.
You don't have enough hard disk space for ripping - clean up space and try again.
The output folder path contains multi-character - switch to another folder and try again.
The codec is not correctly registered - reinstall the program and try again.
If the problem has not been solved, please contact us via support#leawo.com (replace # with @).
14. How can I know if there is an update chance for me?
You can go to “Options->Update Settings” in the Blu-ray program to run update check when you want to.
Or check “Enable automatic update check” option, the program will automatically check for update when you launch it. You can also set the number of days between update check by yourself.