Apple iOS 7: How To Download And Install iOS 7 Beta 2 To Your iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini Or iPod TouchPosted on June 28th, 2013 | 2 comments
It’s been just two weeks since Apple unveiled iOS 7 at WWDC 2013, and after that, Apple released the first beta version of iOS 7 for testing. On Monday, Apple chose to release its second beta for iOS 7, which features several enhancements and bug fixes, but more importantly, the second iOS 7 beta release means owners of the iPad, iPad mini and iPod Touch can now test iOS 7 on their devices, not just iPhone users.What is better than beta 1?
- Beta 2 is available not only for iPhone and iPod touch, but also iPad and iPad mini. However, the first beta released alongside the WWDC keynote did not include official iPad support.
- In line with previous hints, the Voice Memos app has returned in beta 2, which had been previously listed as “not available” in the first seed for iOS 7.
- The new male and female Siri voices showed off by Apple at WWDC are now available in English.
- Siri has received a speed boost in the second beta release of iOS 7, thus multiple users are reporting that Siri is much faster than in beta 1.
- An overhauled Reminders app and a variety of other small tweaks.
Apple said iOS 7 will have its release date sometime this fall, but the company has released the beta version of iOS 7 for developers to download and install right now. Apple app developers can access the iOS 7 beta for free, but iOS 7 fans can also pay the yearly $99 fee to access the beta software ahead of its release date.
How to Download and Install iOS 7 Beta 2 to Your iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini Or iPod Touch?
Prior to downloading iOS 7, users should back up their iPhones, iPads and iPods to iTunes, and definitely make sure iTunes is running the latest version. Once you have everything’s backed up and up to date, you may now begin the process of downloading and installing iOS 7.
Step 1: Download the iOS 7 BETA File
Download the iOS 7 Beta file for your specific iPhone model off Apple’s website. We’ve listed the direct links to the iOS 7 download pages below, so find the right model and download away – just remember, you need to be an Apple developer or pay that $99 registration fee.
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad mini (Model A1432)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad mini (Model A1454)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad mini (Model A1455)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (AT&T model)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (Verizon model)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad 2 Wi-Fi
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPhone 4S
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPhone 4 (GSM)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPhone 4 (CDMA)
iOS 7 beta 2 Download for iPod touch (5th generation)
If you’ve downloaded and installed iOS 7 Beta 1, you can easily upgrade to Beta 2 by just going to the Settings app, selecting General, and tapping Software Update. Once Apple recognizes the upgrade, just follow the steps and you’ll get the new build.
Step 2: Back Up Your Device (to avoid losing your personal data via the restore process).
Connect your device to your computer using the appropriate cable. Open iTunes, and click “Back Up Now” to start the back up process.
Step 3: Install Connect your device to your computer and make iTunes open. On a Mac, make sure you’re holding down alt/option when you click Restore, and on Windows, hold down Shift when you click Restore. Find the IPSW file, double click and the install process should start automatically.
Tips: The entire process to convert your iPhone’s or iPad’s OS to iOS 7 should take some time, about 40 minutes to a full hour or more, so definitely keep your device plugged into a power source, and you will be able to experiment with iOS 7 on your iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, or iPod touch.
- Upgrade to iOS 7 or Not – Choices That iPhone, iPad and iPod touch Users Face
- Apple updates iOS 4.3.2, Safari 5.0.5 and Xcode 4.0.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Download Free iPhone Themes, iPod Touch 4 Themes Free Download, Free iPhone Themes, Free iPod Themes Download
- Christmas iPod touch and iPhone themes for free download
- Will iPad mini 2 Being Released In this Autumn?
2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- [...] if you have already upgraded your iPhone/iPad/iPOd touch to iOS 7 Beta, you must have noticed the minor parallas between the app icons of iOS 6 and iOS 7 that both exist [...]
- [...] of the new features must be the reasons that people want to download and install iOS 7 Beta 2 to the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. However, there are some people who voice objections to update to iOS 7. Maybe they don’t love [...]
Leave a reply