Windows 8 Release Preview available online for free download in 14 languagesPosted on May 31st, 2012 12,710 views | 1 comment
We have been waiting for the next Windows OS for a long time. With all rumors and speculations going and the approaching of the official release of Windows 8 operation system, Microsoft debuted Windows 8 Release Preview version this Thursday, which might be the last step before a final release of Windows 8 this fall. The debut of the Release Preview version is several days earlier than expected, which was promised to be the first week of June by Microsoft. The freshly released Windows 8 Release Preview is available in two versions for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. Though the Windows 8 Release Preview has been debuted, Microsoft has not yet announced a launch date for Windows 8 or prices for the OS. Analysts expect the revamped Windows to debut in October and at prices identical to Windows 7. Now, the Windows 8 Release Preview is available online for free download in 14 languages, thus you can have the choice to select and download the one in your familiar language.
What’s new or improved in Windows 8 Release Preview version:
New Bing-powered apps, including ones for travel, news, and sports
Improvements to Mail, Photos, and People apps
Increased Start personalization
Better multiple-monitor support
Better Windows Store navigation
New family safety and security functionality
Enhanced touch support for Internet Explorer 10
How to download and install Windows 8 Release Preview
Go to the Windows 8 Release Preview download page to enter your email and country region, check the agreement box, and then click the button to download Windows 8 Release Preview version.
Running this application automates most of the set-up process, and selects the appropriate version of the preview for your machine. These must be turned into installation media that are burned to a DVD drive or copied to a USB flash drive in order to complete the install. That’s the installation process in a nutshell. As this is preview software, so keep mission critical work off your test PC.
Requirements of installing Windows 8 Release Preview
1. Microsoft advises users to not install the operating system on a computer used for day-to-day work, as there’s also no going back without wiping your hard drive.
2. You can’t downgrade from Windows 8 since it cannot access the recovery partition of your hard drive. If you need to downgrade, ensure you have recovery disks readily available.
3. You can upgrade to the Release Preview if you are already running Windows 8 Consumer Preview or Developer Preview. But you cannot keep any of your files.
4. A processor with a clock speed of 1GHz or greater, 1GB (32-bit version), or 2GB (64-bit version) of RAM, at least 16GB (32-bit) or 20GB (64-bit) of available hard drive space, and a graphics card that supports DirectX 9 with a WDDM driver are required to run Windows 8 Release Preview on your test computer.
Other features for your selection include: multitouch support, Internet access, and a screen resolution of at least 1024 pixels by 768 pixels, etc.Google+
Gadget News, windows 8 windows, windows 8, windows 8 features, windows 8 release, windows 8 release preview, windows 8 specs
- A wish list of changes for Windows 8 Release Preview on the early June release event
- All things about Windows 8: Windows 8 Release Date, Editions, Features, Prices
- Preview of Windows Phone 8 features before Windows Phone Developers Conference
- Windows 8 Release Candidate reported to be released by May with an October retail date
- Mac OS X Lion vs. Windows 8 Developer Preview speed comparison
1 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- [...] as a software giant in the electronic communication industry. Microsoft just released the Windows 8 Release Preview version as the final test before the official release of Windows 8, which would be released soon. At the [...]
Leave a reply