Popular iPhone 5 rumors on hardware & software features and release datePosted on May 15th, 2012 14,263 views | 5 comments
We did a lot of guess work last year about the next generation of iPhone, which was mostly supposed to be iPhone 5, but finally turned to be iPhone 4S. And now, the anticipations and rumors about the next iPhone have been widely spread around the world. Especially since last Saturday, when Hong Kong-based components supplier SW-Box claimed to have gained possession of a group of new components of iPhone 5, including a headphone jack, ear speaker, and a Wi-Fi cable part, which are all allegedly being built for Apple’s sixth-generation iPhone. Other features of iPhone 5 leaked from SW-Box included a new SIM card tray and slightly tweaked home buttons, all minor changes to the design. But there were reports that Apple is leaning towards bigger and brighter displays, a thinner form factor, and a slew of new software features, which may suggest a totally different design from that of iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. As Apple’s WWDC 2012 is not far away, we may want to know whether Apple would officially release the iPhone 5 on WWDC 2012 or not (there’re rumors that iPhone 5 to be released on June’s WWDC and shipment available this October). This is still unknown. But before that, let’s make a collection of the popular rumors on iPhone 5’s features.
Here’re some rumored features and release date of iPhone 5. Let’s take a look.
iPhone 5 release date: Currently, the release date of iPhone 5 is most rumored to be the mid of late 2012, wherein October seems to be the most reliable month for the iPhone 5. And the first appearance of iPhone 5 is mostly believed to be around the WWDC 2012, this June.
iPhone 5 form: It’s been commonly recognized that the new iPhone would adopt quite new physical design from that of iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. There have been anticipations about its size; some said it would be a 5-inch device while some others said a 4-inch device is likely. Personally, I would agree with the latter.
iPhone 5 processor: It’s highly believed that the new iPhone 5 would adopt a quad-core processor, which might be called the Apple A6. We had expected some kind of help in terms of predicting the iPhone 5 CPU from the launch of the new iPad, but the announcement of a slightly tweaked A5X processor really didn’t help things there.
iPhone 5 network connectivity: The new iPhone 5 is believed to have support for 4G/LTE network connectivity. Two reasons for this: one is the 4G network connectivity on new iPad, and the other one is that there’ve been so many 4G handsets in the smartphone market.
iPhone 5 screen: In March 2012, new reports suggested that the new iPhone 5 would come sporting a larger 4.6-inch retina display, while April rumours even suggested the next iPhone will use new touch technology and will be encased in something called “liquidmetal.”
iPhone 5 digital wallet: With so many handsets realized NFC (Near Field Communication technology) as phone payment system, the next iPhone is widely considered to include digital wallet. Apple won a major patent on March 6 for a piece of technology called the “iWallet”, a digital system that gives users complete control over their subsidiary financial accounts on their iPhones, and also leverages Near-Field Communication technology to complete credit card transactions directly on the phone as well.
iPhone 5 camera: Sources have suggested the new iPhone could have an 8MP camera. Indeed, Sony announced in January 2012 that it had developed new back-illuminated stacked CMOS image sensors which are smaller in size.
iPhone 5 price: The new iPhone will cost around £500 for a 16GB / 32GB model (depending on the capacity Apple whacks in there) and unless the iPhone 5 comes with some truly next generation technology that pricing model should hold firm.Google+
Apple news, Gadget News, Phone news, iphone news iPhone 5, iPhone 5 date, iPhone 5 features, iphone 5 price, iPhone 5 release, iPhone 5 rumors, iPhone 5 specs, WWDC, wwdc 2012
- Top 10 Hot Rumors on iPhone 5: Release Date and Specs
- 20 Rumors on Apple iPhone 5: A Roundup of Apple iPhone 5 Rumored Specs, Release Date and Possibility for Each Rumors
- 6 features of Apple iPhone 5 that are most anticipated
- Apple iPhone 5 new rumors: release date shifted to October with unexpected bigger upgrade?
- Top 5 Most Reliable Unconfirmed features of iPhone 5
5 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- [...] of Apple iPhone. The tech blog 9to5mac.com on Tuesday just forwarded some leaked pictures of the next Apple iPhone, which were claimed to be from reliable Chinese parts supplier who is actually selling these parts. [...]
- [...] the focus on Apple these days has been about the next Apple iPhone, other news from Apple will also be exciting. Apple released the upgraded iOS 5.1.1 for iPad, iPod [...]
- [...] is taking place on a couple of prototype handsets, one of which will probably become the next Apple iPhone 5. The prototypes are disguised by being put in thick black shells which are designed to hide the [...]
- [...] iPhone 5 specs, iPhone 5 price, iPhone 5 versions, etc. It’s commonly rumored before that the iPhone 5 might get released on this WWDC, which is going to be held next month. But, now that a pretty strong consensus is gelling that [...]
- [...] for people to use for better leisure life enjoyment, just like to upcoming Samsung Galaxy S 3 and Apple iPhone 5. Smartphones have played an essential role in our daily life, for either communication or personal [...]
Leave a reply