iPhone 5 news: No iPhone 5 release on WWDC while more focus on iPhone 5 screenPosted on May 21st, 2012 13,831 views | 1 comment
It’s been a long time for people rumoring Apple iPhone 5. People care about iPhone 5 release date, iPhone 5 specs, iPhone 5 price, iPhone 5 versions, etc. It’s commonly rumored before that the iPhone 5 might get released on this WWDC, which is going to be held next month. But, now that a pretty strong consensus is gelling that there will be no iPhone 5 unveiling at the Worldwide Developers Conference next month, focus of speculation has turned once again to issues of the iPhone 5 screen size. There have been rumors that the next Apple iPhone would adopt a flexible OLED panel on a curved surface. That seems to be possible for Apple is taking a more active interest in OLED technology. As for the screen size, there have been rumors that iPhone 5 would include a 4” or even larger display. Reuters even projected more specifically that the next iPhone 5 screen size would be 4.6 inches.
It would be awesome for owners to enjoy HD videos on iPhone 5 whatever screen size the iPhone 5 adopts, as either 4.0 or 4.6 inches screen would produces better visual effect than watching HD videos on iPhone 4S. But these are just rumors, as Apple may not adopt larger screen display on iPhone 5. There are some objectively good reasons why Apple has kept the screen dimension at 3.5 inches through the iPhone’s first five generations. An obvious one it that it facilitates an ideally pocketable size and lower weight than a larger panel would. Another of course is that smaller displays enhance battery runtime per charge. Larger screen display consumes more battery, while Apple iPhones have been always hoped to be increased in battery performance.
Meanwhile, the larger display on iPhone 5 would present new challenges for developers as apps may not work as good on larger screen display as used to operate on smaller screen display. Of course, challenges are always accompanied with opportunities. There’re also great opportunities for developers.
But we are still back to the words that it’s still too early to talk about these things as there’s no official news about the new iPhone screen size and materials. We still have to wait for the official iPhone 5 release, which is highly believed to be the mid to late September or more likely October, either on the anniversary of the 2011 iPhone 4S release, or to commemorate a year since Steve Jobs’s death.Google+
Apple news, Phone news, iphone news Apple iPhone, iPhone, iPhone 5, iphone 5 display, iPhone 5 release date, iphone 5 screen, the new iphone
- Apple iPhone 5 news: one of the two 3.999 inches new Apple iPhone being tested would be iPhone 5
- Apple iPhone 5 new rumors: release date shifted to October with unexpected bigger upgrade?
- The Apple iPhone 5: Rumored Release Date and Some Anticipated Specifications to Be Included
- 20 Rumors on Apple iPhone 5: A Roundup of Apple iPhone 5 Rumored Specs, Release Date and Possibility for Each Rumors
- Top 10 Anticipations towards Apple iPhone 5 in 2011: iPhone 5 Specs and Release Date
1 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- [...] People are guessing about what it would bring and when it would come out. I have written a post on the release date of iPhone 5 which indicates no release of iPhone 5 on this WWDC. And this seems to be more reliable since the [...]
Leave a reply