Apple’s new iPad vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 – Which one will be your choicePosted on March 21st, 2012 | 4 comments
In a dilemma on deciding which tablet you should get between Apple’s new iPad (3rd generation) and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1? Need some suggestions to help you make your decision? Well, it would be the right place for you to take reference here.
With the release and shipment availability of Apple’s new iPad, the Apple iPad 2 has made its way for its successor. So the new iPad has replaced the iPad 2 to be one of the best choices for you to choose when you need to get a tablet. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE comes to mind as a dubious competitor since it’s regarded as the best of the best from Samsung’s camp. On the surface, both are very similar with their options, which is hardly a surprise, but as we’ve come to expect, there can only be one that will ultimately prove itself to be the sole standout hit. And today what we are going to do is to make a simple and clear comparison between Apple’s new iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. But before diving in, it’s worth noting that the Apple iPad 4G LTE’s price starts at $629.99 for both AT&T and Verizon variants, whereas the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE is a bit more at $699.99 through Verizon only. The prices of these two tablets also play a role in deciding which one you will get. Besides the price, the comparison between these two fabulous tablets includes: processor, display, memory, internet connectivity, camera, battery, etc.
Processor: The new iPad moves swimmingly in all of its functions thanks to its Apple A5x SoC processor, which breaks down to a 1.5GHz dual-core processor combined with a quad-core graphics processing unit. Despite boasting a still respectable 1GHz dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 exhibits the choppiness that we tend to see prevalent amongst Honeycomb tablets in general.
Screen display: Without doubt, the winner of screen display should be the new iPad, which features a mind-bending resolution of 2048 x 1536 Retina display, which makes it even be able to play full HD Blu-ray movies on new iPad, while Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 only features a 1280 x 800 resolution screen display.
Memory: The new iPad provides three different versions upon different storage, respectively 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, with no way of expanding it. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 offered 16GB and 32GB versions, but it can be expanded via its available microSD card slot.
Camera: The iPad’s improved 5-megapixel iSight camera produces better overall results and faster snapper than that of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Although they both excel with macro and outdoor scenery shots, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 doesn’t handle dynamic range as well as the iPad.
Internet and connectivity: Both these two top-notch tablets offer 4G LTE connectivity, which enables them to load complex web site in no time at all. But they produce different browsing experience due to the browsing speeds. The new iPad responses faster than that of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with things like kinetic scrolling and pinch zooming. They both feature connectivity items such as aGPS, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, and mobile hotspot functionality, but the new iPad supports Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity while the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 only works with Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR.
Battery: Battery is also an important element in deciding a tablet performance. Both tablets provide at least one single day of power consuming at average, with the new iPad featuring 11,560 mAh battery while Galaxy Tab 10.1 including a 6,800 mAh one inside.
With the comparison, you may get in your mind which tablet you want. But remember, the better one may not well suit you, as you need to make clear what kind of tablet you need, and then you can make your own choice. Hope this post would help you.
Apple news, Free Resources, Gadget News Apple, Apple iPad 3, apple new ipad, galaxy tab 10.1, iPad, ipad 3 vs galaxy tab, new ipad, Samsung, tablet
- Apple iPad 3 vs. Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 – Which one meets you more
- Tablet comparison: New iPad (2012) vs. iPad 2 vs. Asus Transformer Prime vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Top tablet comparison – Apple iPad 3 vs. ASUS Transformer Prime
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 shipment availability date delayed to late April
- Galaxy Tab 2 vs. Kindle Fire: Is Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 going to be a Kindle Fire killer
4 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- [...] Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is undoubtedly the best iPad alternative on the market right now. The device comes with a big, [...]
- [...] have written some posts on the tablets comparison in the past month, including Apple iPad 3 vs. Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 and Apple iPad 3 vs. ASUS Transformer Prime. In the following posts, I would continue to bring some [...]
- [...] the comparison of Apple new iPad vs. Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 and Apple new iPad vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, it seems that the new iPad made two victories. Now, let’s put our hope on the ASUS Transformer [...]
- [...] just wrote a post named Apple’s new iPad vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, which makes a comparison between Apple iPad 3 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to help people figure [...]
Leave a reply