8 tips to save and prolong iPhone 4 battery life to maximize iPhone utilityPosted on May 26th, 2011 | 1 comment
Many of my friends have been complaining about the gradually weakening battery performance of their iPhone 4. And also, online complaints about the iPhone battery use could be seen everywhere. Actually the iPhone 4 battery is made pretty well. The problem is the improper use of iPhone 4 owners. The official materials of iPhone 4 battery shows that the battery would retain 80% performance of original battery after more than 400 cycles of charging and discharging if well maintained and properly used.
Here I would like to share some knowledge with all iPhone users on how to save and prolong iPhone battery life to maximize iPhone utility. Hope the info would be helpful to better your iPhone experience.
About iPhone 4 battery: Lithium-ion battery
iPhone 4 adopts Lithium-ion battery (sometimes Li-ion battery or LIB) as its power source, the strongest point of which is the No Memory Effect. Memory effect refers to the phenomenon of nickel-cadmium rechargeable batteries holding less battery volume along with repeated charging and discharging cycles. The No Memory Effect of Li-ion battery means the Li-ion battery volume would not reduce while charging and discharging and the Li-ion battery could be full recharged in less than 3 hours with the 4.2V constant voltage charger.
How to charge for fresh iPhone 4
It is improper to pursue over charging (charging longer than 12 hours) and over discharging (recharging until the battery is out and automatically shuts off, both of which belong to the nickel-cadmium rechargeable batteries. The following tips would be useful when you are to charge iPhone 4:
(1) Charge battery according to the standard time and procedure specified on the guidebook, even for the first three times.
(2) When you are reminded for the low battery, you should recharge battery in time, no waiting for battery out and automatically power off.
(3) No special ways to activate iPhone Li-ion battery. The Li-ion battery would automatically activate when charged in proper chargers.
(4) Stay your iPhone Li-ion battery away from high and low temperature conditions: the Li-ion battery life would be shortened in very high temperature and extremely low temperature conditions. Reference temperature of Li-ion battery: charging temperature: 0℃~45℃; discharging temperature: -20℃~65℃; work temperature: 0℃~40℃.
How to save iPhone 4 Li-ion battery
New York Times tech columnist David Pogue recently got four iPhone battery tips from an Apple store Genius, while Mr Rick Broida made an overview of these advices along with his thoughts to sum a Six Ways to Improve iPhone Battery Life. Here I would like to make a list of advices from the two knowledgeable experts and add some additional tips from yours truly.
1. Turn off push e-mail: Turn off the “Push” feature, and set it to Manually instead (in Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Fetch New Data), then your iPhone checks for e-mail only when you actually open the e-mail app, rather than every 15 minutes.
2. Turn off GPS tracks, Bluetooth, WiFi: These are all high power consumption apps, so if not needed, turn them off. Turn off GPS: In Settings ->General->Location Services; turn off Bluetooth: In Settings ->General->Bluetooth; turn off WiFi: In WiFi Settings ->WLAN.
3. Turn off notifications: In Settings -> Notifications. Every notification would eat your battery juice, so turn off unnecessary ones.
4. Manually terminate background apps: The background apps would be not worth the battery boost you might get
5. Lower the screen brightness: The brighter the screen, the more power consumed.
6. Keep it out of your pocket: The hotter your iPhone gets, the faster the battery will die.
7. Turn off 3G connection while not surf internet: In Settings->General->Network. If not needed, 3G connection is advised to turn off for its powerful power consumption. Make sure you open the 2G connection.
8. Other power consumption use of iPhone: SBS app, playing videos, recording videos, 2D and 3D games, etc.
Some other useful How-Tos:
Gadget News Apple iPhone, apple iphone battery, apple iphone battery life, blu-ray to iphone, convert blu-ray to iphone, convert dvd to iphone, DVD to iPhone, iPhone, iPhone 4, iphone 4 battery, iphone battery, rip blu-ray to iphone, Rip DVD to iPhone, video to iphone, watch blu-ray on iphone, watch dvd on iphone
- Stanford University Engineering Professor Imagines See-through iPhone with Transparent Battery
- The Next Apple iPhone confirmed to be iPhone 5 and may be released in September on a special Apple event
- Top 10 Anticipations towards Apple iPhone 5 in 2011: iPhone 5 Specs and Release Date
- Top 10 iPhone Augmented Reality Applications to Enhance User Experience and Easy Users’ Life
- Mother’s Day Big Gifts: Save Up to $65 Special Offer and 40% Save with Coupon Code Available
1 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- [...] a long time ago, I wrote a post about how to save and prolong iPhone 4 battery life to maximize phone use which suggested some wonderful tips to tell you how to make full use of your iPhone 4 battery. [...]
Leave a reply